cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to confirm order

Confusedbloke
Joining in

Hi I’m a new customer waiting for installation confirmation and contract confirmation.

so far have made 4 lengthy phone calls to the customer service team. This is a very very slow and frustrating process. Especially as the main issue is I have no account number.The advisors don’t understand what I am asking for.
Have been told my installation maybe happening on 23rd March but agin they will NOT email me any confirmation. WHY I don’t understand. The website says to register account to check installation dates and services but you cannot do this without an account number. The direct debit has been set up.  Why why can I not get anything sent to me showing what contract I have entered and when it might start.

I'm seriously considering cancelling my order and staying with Sky as their customer support is much much better than virgin .

can anyone help as customer service can’t.

3 REPLIES 3

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Confusedbloke 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you haven’t received full details of your order, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so please check out the little envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your screen for a private message from me

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Hi there confusedbloke.

You've already experienced Virginmedia's legendary customer service, so I won't comment on that.

But I advise you not to cancel your existing contract with Sky until after VM have installed the new service and you are happy with it.  There is a long history of delayed VM installations, and if you cancel Sky based on the predicted VM installation date you could end up without broadband for a period, as others have found to their cost. VM use their own cables so there is no problem to having them working in parallel. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Client62
Legend

You could try the VM Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.
This is the team that deals with getting you connected.