cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telewest box

ameliyad98
Joining in

Hi,

both my landlord and virgin media advised my property is wired up for virgin media.

i can only find a telewest box in the house - how do I connect my QuickStart hub to this?

thanks

image.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@ameliyad98 wrote:

image.jpg

Was the person drunk and used a chainsaw to install this?😱

So yes follow the cable then install the hub which should be fine

---------------------------------------------------------------

BillBudd
Superfast

Telewest became VM in 2010 I believe.  So it is likely the box is for your VM connection.

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That made me laugh.  It's a terrible install for sure.  Hopefully the OP can find the other end of the cable and get up and running.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

🤣🤣

I found something that looks promising, just seeing if the router turns on properly and the wifi becomes available for me to use. Fingers crossed! Thanks so much for the help!!!

ameliyad98
Joining in

Thanks everyone!! WiFi is all working now, you are life savers!!

Hi Ameliyad98 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Glad to see you were able to establish that this was the correct connection point for your hub. This 👉 Quickstart guide also includes some pictures and what to do if you have a socket with a different name. 

Really pleased you were able to get it sorted and are now connected! Please let us know if there is anything outstanding you need our support with. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi ! I have similar problem , where did the wire end up for you ? We can’t find it for the life of us 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Kfone wrote:

Hi ! I have similar problem , where did the wire end up for you ? We can’t find it for the life of us 

if you have something similar to that take the cable out of the bottom of the box - connect the cable that came with the new hub into the box then connect the hub - power up and see what happens

Tony.
Sacked VIP