cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing external wall box

Dan892
Joining in

Hi, I know this is a question that has been asked before, but here goes: I want to remove an external Virgin box on the outside of my house. To cut a long story short, I’m trying to get OpenReach to move the box they’ve installed halfway up the living room wall but the Virgin box is in the way of them doing that.

We’re been here for 10 years and the Virgin box has never been connected or in  operation in that time.

How do we get started?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can ask for VM to remove it, but they are reluctant to do so because they would rather leave it there for a future resident. Sometimes they will take it away, sometimes they won't. 

But you can easily remove it yourself with simple tools, there will be no voltage on the cable. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dan892 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll send you a PM to get some details - I cannot guarantee the team would agree to remove it but will happily ask them for you.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill