cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing title and plans to wayleave team

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

We live on a private road that was missed out of the original cable network build when it was done by NTL due to some confusion with wayleaves. Essentially NTL were asking for wayleave from a resident who had no rights to restrict access to the land in question, but this was enough for NTL to go away and neither NTL or Virgin Media have been back since.

Now that Nexfibre are interested in expanding their network I would like to get copies of the title and plans of the land in question to the relevant team to keep on file so they are aware that no permissions are required. Would somebody be able to send me a PM to get this information, or to let me know an email address that I should be sending these documents to? I know it won't guarantee Nexfibre coverage but if I can avoid them stopping their build short again it would be worth doing.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @Jonny-M, and welcome back to our Community Forums

Can you please confirm if this is a case of yourself or another resident actively seeking to take out the service at a property that has recently not been cabled?

As far as I understand it, without a request for the services at an address that has not previously been served, our teams responsible for wayleave wouldn't get involved.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

Hi David,

The properties currently are unable to order the service due to the network not being built to them, so there's no order in progress and it's not possible to place one. I was hoping there was a way to get the information to the team planning the FTTP build so that we aren't missed out again.

Hi @Jonny-M 👋.

Thanks for getting back in touch. Have you spoken to the sales team to see if they can request a spotter to pop out and check the possibility of obtaining services in the area?

📞 0800 183 1234

Let us know.

Sabrina

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Why do you conclude that no permissions are required?  If this is privately owned land, a wayleave or other permission will certainly be needed.

Knowledge of the ownership will certainly be useful to VM because they will know where to go to request permission, but they won't start digging without it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

There are clauses in the title for the land specifying that any utility company has the rights to access the land to install new gas/water/communication/electricity infrastructure if it's to provide service to properties. This seems to be the document that NTL didn't have available to them when they did the initial build out.

I'm not a wayleave lawyer so I don't know if this means no permissions are required at all, but it would seem to suggest that getting them is a formality and approval would be more or less automatic.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

VM are always very cautious about installing on private land, but that sounds it would be very helpful. 

There may be network capacity issues in the area, that is something else VM will have to check. Don't rely on anything happening very soon. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.