cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside box state

davetansley
Tuning in

A little while back, a VM engineer came out to do some work on my neighbour's connection. In the process, the engineer appears to have routed the neighbour's wire through our brown box. This has left the brown box overstuffed to the point where it needed to be tie-wrapped closed, and is hanging off the wall. The neighbour's wire is loosely routed as well...

I thought this might be a temporary situation, but nobody has been back to remedy it.

Is it normal to run a neighbour's connection like this? Also, am I entitled to have VM come out and remedy the situation?

PXL_20240408_103723235.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I think there is some sharing of the brown boxes sometimes but that is a truly awful job. I'd wait for the forum team to respond in a day or two as you won't get any sense from offshore customer services on this. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

It is done temporarily sometimes with agreement from the home that the connection is being split from, and then it should be remediated by installing a new cable for the neighbour. It sounds like you weren't asked and they did an awful job as well, so they need to come out and fix that.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey davetansley, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Normally this would only be temporary, however let me send you a DM and we can take a look.

Please do look out for it. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we've managed to get the ball rolling on this.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?