cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old provider

Digsun
Tuning in

Will virgin contact my old provider? There’s been no mention of them stating they will. In the meantime I haven’t officially cancelled my old providers account yet as they said virgin would do that?

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you porting your existing phone number with your old provider to Virgin?

Yes: Only cancel TV services with your old provider. Virgin will handle the transfer including cancellation of both Broadband & Phone.

No: You must put in a cancellation with your old provider or you will have two parallel services. It might be an idea to overlap the changeover though, in case of unforeseen problems with the street ducting prior to the installation.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will not cancel your old provider unless you are transferring your landline telephone number to them. If not it's always best o leave an overlap period in case of any problems with the new VM connection.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you porting your existing phone number with your old provider to Virgin?

Yes: Only cancel TV services with your old provider. Virgin will handle the transfer including cancellation of both Broadband & Phone.

No: You must put in a cancellation with your old provider or you will have two parallel services. It might be an idea to overlap the changeover though, in case of unforeseen problems with the street ducting prior to the installation.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have this issue too. VM installed my new fibre service (after a 9 month wait...), leaving the old non fibre (with landline) in place. My new VM service is BB only. I've told the old provider I want to cancel. They tell me they will need to place a cease order on your line which requires a 30 days' notice. That will affect my old line only, I hope?? Can I waive the right to 30 days notice?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It won't affect the new Virginmedia line at all. But depending on your contract with the old provider they probably insist on 30 days' notice of cancellation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.