cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub - VM Connect, VM Media, Amazon Echo's all unable to find hub.

TigerFan
Joining in

I recieved a new Hub 5 (to upgrade from our Hub 3) and have installed it. Whilst we can add laptops, phones and tablets to it mostly OK - the Virgin Apps (VM Connect and My Virgin Media) are unable to connect to the hub and keep saying it needs resetting, and the POD is not connecting..
I have reset the hub 4 times now (with difficulty as the VM connect App got into error cycling) and nothing has improved - still able to connect devices and use the network- but unable to connect through the apps (or add Virgin POD, Amazon Echo, etc).

I have managed to loginto the Hub Management site and change the password.

I've deleted and reinstalled the VM Connect App on 2 devices to no avail, still unable to find the hub.  

On occation the Service check (when reporting an issue) has said there are instability issues with the service in the area - but then say OK again!

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Connect app backend database can take a while to catch up with new installs, so just persevere.  Or try calling the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub/Pod serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TigerFan
Joining in

2 Weeks later the Hub can now be managed through VM connect.

However a few days ago the Hub / Network name and password changed - to the old Hub's!?  How does that happen - and can it be changed back (luckily we'd kept a note of the old Hub password, otherwise we'd have been frozen out!).

Also - still unable to get the old POD to work with the new  Hub via Wifi - seems to work via ethernet, but that's not viable in position required.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are reports on this Forum of the Hub's being renamed via the Connect App as it can hold onto the previous Hub's name, so guessing that's the case.  It may happen again.?

The passwords for both the Wifi and Settings should be on the bottom of the Hub.  These are the factory set ones and are needed in the case of a pinhole reset.

As for the Pod, it seems it has not be registered to the new Hub?  Wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up and arrange.

Or try calling the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub/Pod serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi TigerFan, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community and updating us. With the hub being renamed, I would remove the Connect App completely from your device by deleting it. Once you've done this, do a PIN hole reset on the hub for 60 seconds. This will revert the WiFi details to those that are on the sticker on the hub. 

With the WiFi pod, it's possible it hasn't been provisioned to work with your new hub, that's something we can certainly help with but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs