cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5 only working on some devices

uliontu2
Joining in

I’ve seen a few people post about this but I’ve never found a fix - got ‘upgraded’ to the hub5 and speeds are completely fine on my work MacBook, partners PC and phones/tablets, however, my personal MacBook and PC both only get a download speed of 7mbps making them both unusable. It’s extremely frustrating and I’m waiting on Virgins reply but just want to know if there’s a fix out there that doesn’t involve me buying a new 3rd party router 😞

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Alessandro Volta

I'm assuming 7Mb/s is via Wi-Fi.

Some devices perform very poorly when VM Hubs have Smart Wi-Fi enabled,
try with Smart Wi-Fi disabled  in the Hub 5 menu for Wi-Fi settings.

For devices that lack WPA3 Wi-Fi mode having WPA3-SAE security mode enabled on the Hub 5
can be a source of compatibility issues,  try with just WPA2-PSK enabled in the Hub 5 menu for Wi-Fi Security settings.

How do the MacBook and PC perform when connected to the Hub via a network cable ?

Hello uliontu2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your hub 5 trying to connect to certain devices. If the problems are only happening with two devices, it could be an issue with the devices rather than your connection. Have you been able to try the suggestions that Client62 made? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L