cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going under shared driveway

SamMcCaffrey
Joining in

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting Virgin from the street to my house as there's no way to get there without going through a neighbours or shared driveway.

The neighbours issue is they don't want their driveway drilled and patched. So I'm wondering if it's possible to go under?

• There are areas of gravel on my neighbours side and my side of their driveway so I want to dig down on my side and install some ducting under the concrete drive. If I did would Virgin be able to use this install the cables?

Screenshot_2024-01-21-09-38-35-23_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You'd need to check what the house deeds say, but I strongly suspect that they don't make a difference between crossing over or under the drive. Would your neighbour agree to that? 

Is there no other way to get from the road on your side of the drive? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you install the conduit with a pull rope, I don't see why they wouldn't use it.  Note that it may be 3rd party contractors that come to do the initial cable install, not a VM technician.  If you read some of the threads here, it can be difficult to pin down a specific time for the install, especially if you need to be there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Neighbour is fine with going underground as long is I don't damage the driveway. it's just whether Virgin install team would agree 

And no there's no other way unfortunately. Corner plot and we're surrounded by concrete drives 

If he's happy, you just need to get him to tell VM that. They have a standard form for him to sign. Good luck with your tunnelling! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.