cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre optic cable replacement

ttonk81
Joining in

I'm in the process of converting a bedroom into a office so when I had virgin fttp installed I told the engineer where I wanted the router to be and they supposedly made the cable from the wall long enough but its not.

Im looking at ordering a replacement from amazon, what sort of fibre optic cable and connectors do I need?

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may be better to pay the standard £25 fee and get a technician to install the fibre cable.  They can check the light levels etc afterwards as any dirt or dust etc will stop the fibre from working correctly. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ttonl81

Thanks for your question. Sorry to hear that the cabling provided wasn't the required length.

As you've mentioned that you have FTTP and it looks like you are on the XGS-PON network, you'll need to speak with our dedicated team over the phone (0345 454 1111). I'm afraid that we cannot assist with your query from here. You'll be automatically put through to the team when you call us.

Sorry that we couldn't help further, but do let us know how you get on!

Beth

ttonk81
Joining in

I ended up ordering a cable from Amazon. It works perfectly, no slowdown and is a thicker cable so less likely to get damaged