cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled installation dates

EddiePhi
Joining in

I was given an installation date of 7th July 2023. As the installation date approaches it is inevitably cancelled by text/email and rescheduled. This has been ongoing for well over 8 months now. I have been misled by everybody from Virgin that I have been able to speak to. During my last conversation I was given phone numbers which do not exist. I have been told I am being transferred to another department on over a dozen occasions only to be given a few minutes of hold music and be hung up on. I still receive sporadic calls from Virgin but if I am able to answer the phone I am now instantly hung up on before anybody speaks. I have taken 9 days of holiday from work before realising that every communication from Virgin is a deliberate lie. So now I just watch the dates get cancelled one after another, praying that one day I will have to take the day off at short notice. Is there anything I can do now that every attempt at communication ends before it can begin?

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Welcome to Virginmedia's famous customer service! 

Hopefully a VM person might pick this up and investigate what's happening, but they do have limited authority. 

I hope you have been keeping a log of all the broken promises from VM because you will be due statutory compensation for each cancelled appointment and every day of non service. It will be a substantial amount after all this time. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @EddiePhi 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your installation, I would be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Dig1983
Joining in

Welcome to the s..t show 🤣 I was in the same boat ordered Nov kept changing dates and no-one could give me the answer of what external work needed doing so I cancelled it and took another out as it said could be fitted in 3 days the installer came sorry can't do it work needs doing outside but he could tell me what the actual issue was, so they apparently fixed that twice 2nd time ran it to the box across the road instead of down the road as the tubes are apparently crushed lol came to install you have no signal on your line **bleep** luckily got someone out yesterday afternoon and I now have it working just not the apps going round in circles trying to get the account number changed, virgin is like going back in time everything is hard work.

Hi Dig1983,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you ordered our services in November and have only just been installed, when you say you are trying to get the account number changed, please can you expand a little on what you mean?

Regards

Paul.