cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Relocation Includes Digging?

TonyBu
Tuning in

So just spoke to customer services and booked in a move of the cable going into the house as its on the wrong side for its use case. It was confirmed by the customer service representative that the technician showing up on the day will be digging the new trench required for the cable move all I have to do is tell them where I need it.

I am now skeptical this is the case, is anyone able to confirm this will actually happen or should I just cancel the appointment given it will be a waste of time if the technician isn't actually going to dig the new trench.

21 REPLIES 21

I'm not sure how a few inches into the ground is too much to ask from a service I pay £600+ a year for to come move a cable, never had issue with BT (Sky or Talk talk) coming to move a line into the home.

I'd do it myself but then they throw a paddy because it's not "their" cable despite it being just the commercial variant of the WF100, can't wait for city fibre to come do things properly, our old property had them and it was a fantastic service start to finish 

Thanks for reaching out to us @TonyBu, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion caused over the booking of the appointment.

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you to see if we can have the correct appointment booked in for you, with the assistance from our Field Team.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

pinged you a pm 🙂

Yeah I had the guy come round and he had a spade, but there is no way they were getting any cable anywhere with a spade, so I have managed to speak to a forum team member and there is now an appointment booked, I believe with the subcontractors that dig the lines in the roads etc, so hopefully I get what I need on Monday, otherwise its more escalation and try to get my £25 back

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don't get your hopes up.  I believe that sort of "digging" will be with 3rd party contractors, and if you read through these threads, there are not many glowing reports around this. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah its a company called AvonLine or something, but I'll be there making sure they do the job properly otherwise Virgin will be receiving a nice complaint about it and making good will be 100% covered by them whether they know it or not right now

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You'll need to keep an eye on them when they approach your concrete strips. When a new installation was done for a neighbour here they cut grooves with an edge grinder and patched it over the cable with filler. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I'm in the fortunate position of wanting the concrete strips gone, so what they do with those isn't too bad, I'm more concerned with the brickwork being demolished by their drilling haha

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's fortunate, you'll just need to avoid damaging the cable when you lay a new drive. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

got markers paint at the ready haha, i'm hoping I can guide them where I want the cable to run as to make things easier, but we'll see what monday brings