cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address not showing on postcode checker but my neighbours are shown

Azra1
Joining in

Hi there,

I am looking to switch to virgin media as Sky are not meeting the speed guarantee. However, my address is not shown but all my neighbours are shown. I need to switch as soon as possible. I have contacted the sales team but they were no help. Please may someone give some guidance on this.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Azra1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble trying to sign up with us. To clarify, have you tried submitting your details here yet? If you have, what happens exactly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi there,

Yes I have submitted it, my whole street appears but my house. I submitted the form and then I followed up with a phone call. The sales team were not helpful and said it would take up to 18 months to get service in my area.  However that does not make sense because my whole street are able to get Virgin and my next door neighbour has Virgin media. The house is a new build so maybe that’s why it has not come up yet. 
Thanks

Thank you for that information. To confirm, are the other houses on your street new builds?

^Martin

Hi there, 

No only my house is a new build on the street.

Thank you @Azra1 

Unfortunately if the teams have stated that an install is not yet possible then we would not be able to arrange one, but you can keep checking the cable me page and when we can offer service we will update there. 

Hi there,

Yes i understand that however our neighbours have virgin there must be some cable connection in our area which means our area is serviceable. I have heard new builds take time to show up on the postcode checker so that might be the issue.

Thanks

Due to the nature of our Network. Connectivity varies from property to property. To best confirm this, we have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs