cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to order Virgin Broadband - existing wires query

RossCov1
Joining in

I'm about to move to Virgin and am ordering a new hub. Before choosing to self-install using Quick start I've taken photographs of the only virgin wall socket to confirm whether or not it is eligable to be set up by myself or if I should arrange an engineer booking also. There are multiple wires etc that look cut as well as an insertion on the bottom of the socket. Can anyone assist? 

Thanks 

1000042324.jpg

1000042326.jpg

1000042325.jpg

1000042329.jpg

1000042328.jpg

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hard to say.  The box with the "blue" end is correct for VM.  The other small white cables are phone lines that VM no longer use.  However the twin black cable could be a previous Sky connection.  You will need to open the wall box and see if the isolator (the "Blue" bit) has any cable connection running to it from the outside.  There should also be a exterior wall box (usually brown or grey) and the cables may be traceable from here to the inside.

If you are in any doubt, get a manned install.  With the wall box being so low to the floor, you may have problems pushing the Quickstart cable onto the connector in any case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RossCov1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's great to hear that you're looking to get installed with our services. You'd have the option to do a Quickstart/self-install if the home has ever had Virgin Media services installed in the past.

However, if you have any doubts and want to avoid any potential delays then I'd strongly recommend opting for a manned install instead. If there's an issue with any of the connections, the technician would fix and/or replace them as part of the visit.

Keep us posted and let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!