Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

someone confirm PW down lvl tweeks

smithy01793
On our wavelength

Hi all so I am on 1gig with hub5

My DL powerlvl is a bit low between - 4.9 to - 2.9

I would like to know what forward path attenuator I would need to bring these up a bit.

But at same time my PL for up is just in range 35.2 to 36 would like to bring these up a bit as well

Cheers Tom 

5 REPLIES 5

smithy01793
On our wavelength

I currently have a - 10 and a - 6 on there atm.

If I remove the - 6 it brings DL back to better standing but throughs the up lvl out of range to around 33-34 and upload suffers a lot

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need a technician’s visit to sort out your levels at the cabinet. You should in any case only ever use a forward path attenuator which only affects the download levels.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Client62
Legend

The Downstream preferred range is -7 to +7 dBmV - there is no need for any adjustment.

Did you grasp the Upstream is the power level at which the Hub transmits to the Street Cabinet ?

Removing a 6 dB wide band attenuator means the Hub can reduce its the transmitted signal by 6dB,
meaning the exact same level of signal will reach the street cabinet or ONT for RFoG.

Hi thanks for the info and yea I grasp upload levels that's why I have posted because when I remove the 6 the upload drops even more down to 32-34

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

32-34 is fine for upload, you are probably near the street cabinet or on the wrong tap, that’s why you need a technician to check it out..

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2