cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not get service at home when neighbours next door can

LNA98
Joining in

We moved in to a flat and when it came to selecting broadband we noticed the flat above and below us both have Virgin as does the whole street. When I called Virgin I was told that they can not run cables into our property to provide us with broadband and this was why our address was left out of the postcode checker on their website.

How is it possible for the entire flat and the other flats down our street to have the ability for cables to be connected to Virgin broadband but we can't?

As my partner and I work from home we need reliable broad band as out current provider is very poor and are keen to join virgin like everyone else in or block 😅.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could be as simple as there is not enough capacity in the Flat's distribution point, or in the street cabinet.  This can  happen with, e.g. BT, as well so it's not only a VM problem. 

If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could be as simple as there is not enough capacity in the Flat's distribution point, or in the street cabinet.  This can  happen with, e.g. BT, as well so it's not only a VM problem. 

If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Have you asked the landlord or the property management agent how one gets a VM connection into the flat ?

If you are renting, do be aware VM contracts are often for 18 months, cancelling early may stop the service but often does not stop the need to pay off the full cost of the remainder of the contract.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LNA98,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry that your address isn't showing as connected. 

We can certainly take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm some details. 

^Martin