cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi not working with new hub

Jensav3675
Joining in

I git a new hub on Tuesday, the wifi is on, tv working fine.  Nothing else will connect.  All of our phones the WiFi is showing but the disconnects and goes back to 4G. None of the pods are working and I.cant get into the app because the wifi is so bad and I’m sat in the room with the router in it.

the team advised that they were sending a HIT signal and to reboot in 45 minutes.  Nothing.

im pulling my hair out now.. and I’ve 3 teenagers all over Easter hols with no internet access.

anyone please help 🙁

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you reset all the WiFi kit and join the new Hubs WiFi?  The new Hub will have a new SSID and password. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi yes, joined the new wifi etc.  the lights on the pods are just flashing.  The signal is terrible.  Can’t even log into the connect app. Having to use my phone data for internet access.

Contacted the team and they’ve given every excuse possible.  There a fault, give it 24 hours.  We’re sending a HIT signal, reboot in 45 minutes etc.

Then they said I’d need new pods and someone will call me in 24 hours to arrange delivery.  Don’t think they have a clue 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Get a 3rd party router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ignoring the Pods for a moment, if you connect just to the Hub do you get internet?  What are the lights on the Hub showing?

A new Hub can take several days to show up in the Connect app, and the Pods should be paired with the new Hub as well by VM.  If they continue to flash this might not have been actioned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nightsun1
Tuning in

The DHCP server on my hub5 is a pile of 💩 spent ages trying to fix it before replacing with a TP-Link Deco setup.

If I connect to the hub it kicks me off in a matter of seconds and switches back to the 4G.  Nothing is working, reconnected the Alexa etc through the app to the new WiFi and that won’t work. None of the tablets or anything will work.  The lights on the pods are flashing so they’ve not been linked.  The hub has a solid clear light on it. 
can’t even get the app to open because no wifi

Client62
Legend

Connect to the Hub using a computer and a network cable, login to the admin menu.
From the status info, find out if the Hub has Internet (Online), and check if Wireless is (On for 2.4 & 5GHz).

Call the activation number 0800 953 9500, request the VM Pods are paired to the replacement Hub.
For the call have to hand your VM a/c number, the full details from the Hub’s sticker and ALL the VM Pods.