cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi booster not showing

Athanfel
Joining in

Following all instructions to set up booster and extender (large booster), all looks correct once done but can't see booster/large extender on any device as an option to connect to.

Contacting Virgin support is nigh on impossible...well it is impossible,  so trying here

11 REPLIES 11

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM have stopped the old boosters and now supply Wifi Pods.  It may be best to see if you can get the new Pods instead of the non-supported boosters.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for letting me know...I've not actually had them that long n got these as wouldn't give me the pods. Will see what happens

Hi @Athanfel thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

This may be because the booster has successfully mirrored your existing WiFi name so it won't display as a separate network.

The best way to see if your booster is working, is to connect via an ethernet cable to the booster itself, if working, you'll see that you are connected via ethernet cable to the booster network.

Can you please try this and let us know how you get on?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I cannot, have no devices that will allow measuring connection or speed via an ethernet cable.

I've tried to use Virgin Connect and been getting a 10th of my speed, even in the same room as the hub...but hub is getting full speed.

However...I can never connect when I'm in certain rooms, to even use the scanner. This was why I got the boosters in the 1st place...I now work from said room and its causing me problems

I now cannot even get the scan on the Connect app to work...keeps saying I'm not connected, even when in same room as hub. I am 8 feet away from the booster and I'm now being disconnected during work calls and meetings. Please can I have an engineer out to look at what's going on

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Athanfel 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your Wi-Fi boosters. I'd like to offer some further support with this, and will need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details to do so. You can find my PM in your Inbox 📩 in the top right corner of the page. We can then return to this public thread with an update when possible. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime whilst I help get this sorted! All the best. 

Molly

I'm having the same sort of problems with my WiFi booster it's showing on the virgin connect app but the devices that do connect to the booster show as not connected rather than showing connected to the booster yet the devices still say connected to WiFi bit weird to say the least and the WiFi when like this is very slow on the booster and can cut out all the time my booster has connected with my hub with the same credentials and have for a very long time and devices used to be seen on the booster when connected to the booster its just not for a while now ans I've been wracking my brains about it ever since if I can't see the devices how am I supposed to pause them like I should be able to 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is common when a device will "hang on" to the Hub when a Pod is closer.  I believe the ability to "roam" is managed by the device, not the Hub or Pod.  I don't think the App has any facility to manage the roaming devices as I don't use the app.  I deleted it a long time ago.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @Pickledpanda 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have also faced this issue with your app, can I ask if you are struggling to use this in conjunction with one particular device or multiple? Are they all the same make if multiple, for example Apple?