cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pods VW not issuing 😡

G231G
Joining in

I upgraded with VM broadband over a month ago. I was promised existing VM boosters would continue to work with the HUB4 (lies) from both telephone advisor and engineer. I contacted VM who advised that if I wanted the new pods I could have 3 pods if I paid an extra £8 a month which I refused point blank due to the previous lies. They also offered the 3 pods if I took out an 18 months contract with o2 on a £5 a month sim only contract which i reluctantly DID and if I upgraded from the 350 package to the volt 500 package which I also did. This was such a carry on between o2 and VM neither saying they could issue the pods but after probably about 6hrs spend on the phone to both parties I was sent out my 1st pod being advised that I would have to wait 5 days in between each order which I would have to call up each time to request!!!! I received the 1st pod waited 5 days and called VM to issue the 2nd which they would no send without ensuring my current signal was poor enough!!! (Wait a minute did I not just take out a sim only contract to get these pods????) So again after hrs of arguing and being passed between technical and cancellations I was issued my 2nd pod which arrived. So 5 days later I've been on the phone to VM to be issued my 3rd to which the advisor went thru the same BS trying to check signals etc... I said I want my pod which I've paid for to which the advisor replied he can't issue me with a 3rd pod UNLESS I upgrade my package to the volt 1000 package!!!! I lost my $h!t at this point and asked for cancellations which he never did after about 3o mins of him going back and forth can you please hold sir please hold I eventually gave up.

wth is going on VM your are an absolute circus I need answers!!!!!! 

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

On the narrow point on cancellation Ofcom is looking for examples of poor practice like yours https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @G231G Thanks for reaching out to us. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the experience with the Wi-Fi pod.
I've had a look and I can see that a Wi-Fi pod is along the way.

Let us know how it goes once it arrives and if the connection improves?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas my issues with VM goes way beyond the issuing of the pods. I have tried to explain my experience to your retentions dept. And other customer services advisor but nobody is interested in the slightest. Who can I speak to who will take ownership and actually take on board the shocking experience and service I have received since making the decision to stay with VM for my broadband. Its been lie after lie, the majority of operators I have spoken to are incompetent and lack any kind of empathy for their customers. 

Hi @G231G 👋.

Thanks for the update in this, i would like to bring you in for a private message so that we can look into this fully and give you as much information as possible for the questions that you have been asking. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina