cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi keep dropping

Scotty6964
Joining in

My wi fi keeps dropping so downloaded virgin connect app to check signal and if booster required. App can’t find my hub even though connected to wi fi and now it’s dropped again. Any idea how to fix 

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scotty6964,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, it has been a while, we hope you have kept well, sorry to see your WiFi connection is dropping and that our Connect App ins't seeing your router, I was able able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like you have spoken to us.

Regards

Paul.

I have received the pod plugged it in but  the app is not able to find hub still

Scotty6964
Joining in

Well pod plugged in and virgin connect app still cant find hub etc 

Morning @Scotty6964 

Have you got a VPN on your device? Normally this is what that error message means on the app.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill