cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIfi has no valid IP configuration

Jhardwick
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I've been without internet on my PC since Thursday. I've tried flushing the DNS, setting a manual DNS, renewing the IP and Winsock. I've even tried reinstalling the operating system, drivers and bios. My PC will connect to the network both wireless and wired but it won't connect to the internet. Everytime I do IP renew it says that it found an IP that is already in use. However my pool size goes up to 200. I'm really not sure what's causing this. 

53 REPLIES 53

Jhardwick
Joining in

You have given me some food for thought. The Pixel 7 is using random hardware addresses by default. However for some reason the lease time on the phone is only set to 1 hour. Could this be what is causing the issue maybe?

Hi @Jhardwick 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of any issues with your broadband.

From what you've said (hitron router) you have a business account with us.

Please contact the Business team directly. They can be contacted via;

Twitter - @vmbusinesshelp

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us/ - online

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Good luck with that!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I don't get why they have a hitron router business account by the landlord

I think they its unfair for someone not to setup their own broadband under their name sure I get why this might be done say you rent but you leave with the contact still going where by the landlord can have it under their name if people move in or out but what if the person stops using the VM internet and uses 4G/5G and does not pay the landlord VM installed internet which is fair unless stated in rent you will pay for the landlord VM installed internet and then what if it goes wrong like we have here which would be a simple fix change RG function in Hitron to disable for modem mode just reset the Hitron and use the default log in

The default username is cusadmin, and the default password is password or admin admin

---------------------------------------------------------------