cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM connect not blocking

DrQuinn
Joining in

I used to be able to pause the internet connection to my daughter’s phone but although the device is listed and says it is paused it is not and she is still using it. Anyone know why? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

MAC Address Randomisation is supported on recent mobile phones, tablets and laptops, this allows the device to change its identity at will giving the ability to quickly side step Wi-Fi Pausing.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Hero

MAC Address Randomisation is supported on recent mobile phones, tablets and laptops, this allows the device to change its identity at will giving the ability to quickly side step Wi-Fi Pausing.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DrQuinn,

Thanks for posting, and sorry you're having some issues with pausing devices, can you confirm if you're doing this by logging into your router's configuration page by putting 192.168. 0.1 into a browser?

Alex_Rm

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I wonder when VM will EOL this ability given it don't work....

---------------------------------------------------------------

Client62
Hero

Indeed, Child Safe now appears broken in the VM online a/c and broken in the VM Connect app too !

Works fine for me currently - i'm blocking my nieghbours from getting on my internet 😂

I do not work for VM. Qualified IT Technician. Virgin Volt Bundle - 1Gig, Hub 5 Modem Mode & ASUS GT-AXE16000, 2x Tivo V6's. VM customer for over 6 years.

This is nothing to do with Child Safe - that's a totally different function to pausing devices via VM Connect App.

I do not work for VM. Qualified IT Technician. Virgin Volt Bundle - 1Gig, Hub 5 Modem Mode & ASUS GT-AXE16000, 2x Tivo V6's. VM customer for over 6 years.

No I’m using the Virgin connect app, choosing the device and pressing pause

Hi @DrQuinn thanks for your reply.

Understood - can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app and see if this helps resolve the problem?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tried this - still not working