cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow WiFi

Mckay27
Joining in

I’m currently getting very slow or no WIFI in multiple rooms in my house. I have done the speed test scanning using the virgin media connect app And it’s saying that I’m getting below 20 Mb per second in multiple rooms. I’ve tried finding where to order the WIFI pods but I keep getting sent round in circles not being able to order them. Can anyone give me any advice on how to get some? I am a virgin media volt customer 

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Alessandro Volta

A retail Wi-Fi Mesh is a massively better way to go & you can order it on Amazon for delivery tomorrow.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try these options, you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 ) - you can use the same number for their other social media platforms too (TwitX/Fbook. etc) - so try them all.

Then see this old post of mine...

To address the wifi issues, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless and poor value “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - if you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month for up to 3 pods. It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point(s), (4) a pair of good quality Wifi Powerline Adaptors, or a combination of (2&3).

£40-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage. Spend more for additional advanced“features” - if required.

See the post from “newapollo” in this thread for a guide to scanning and ordering Pods….
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Impossible-to-request-a-POD-via-VM-Connect/...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.