cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New booster not working.

Tvman
Joining in

My wifi booster packed died. Virgin said they would replace it. 
the replacement is a different type. Smaller white plug in. 
I plugged it in 8 hours ago and it is still pulsing a white light. 
I tried pressing the WPS button on the hub but still not connecting.

any advice would be good. 

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you had the old boosters?  These are no longer used by VM and have been replaced with the newer WiFi Pods. If so your Pod will have to be paired with your Hub.  You will need VM to do this. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tvman 👋 welcome to the community! Thanks for posting. 
Sorry to hear you are having some difficulties with the new POD which has arrived for you. 

These are sent out pre-programmed to your hub so it should already be paired, however I would like to offer some support in checking this for you, and getting it sorted if things are not as they should be. We just need to confirm some account information to take a closer look. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Molly_T   It might be an idea to check if the OP has the old boosters?  I believe these are not supported anymore by VM, and some have recently failed in worrying circumstances.  If the old boosters are still with the OP, perhaps some advise to dispose of these may be in order?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks yes, I’ve suggested to VM that the new booster might not like the old router I’ve got. 
they assured me it will be fine. I’m not so sure. 

Hi @Tvman thanks for your reply.
We do hope and anticipate this is resolved for you, but if not, my colleague Molly has already sent you a Private Message to offer further support.

If you still need this, please reply to her directly but if not, we're glad this is sorted for you 😊

Many thanks

Tom_W