cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbours have Virgin Media Broadband but apparently I can't ?

LarryDavid
Joining in

Hi there, so I'm with EE broadband at the moment and monthly bill has just been hiked, so I'm looking at either a new contract there or shopping around elsewhere. I noticed that Virgin Media cable is available in my area (and would give me faster speeds that I would pay for)....just not at my property! I put a few addresses through the checker last night, and found that people up the road can get it, people down the road can get it, and the flat underneath me can get it! I understand this is probably because how it was done at the time, but surely if my neighbours below can get it (and they indeed have virgin media broadband) then it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that a little tweaking here and there and I can also be a prospective virgin media happy customer! 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 

18 REPLIES 18

Thanks for speaking with us today @susheel on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm glad we have been able to assign this case to our install team who will be in touch to discuss the options available.
They will call within the next 10 working days but some timeframes may be delayed due to the new years.

Let us know if you have any other queries and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Its not a lot mate, this is my wireless speeds albeit my phone is right beside my routerIMG_20231214_230201.jpge is right beside my router 

My Broadband Ping - MOA Home

Good afternoon, I seem to be having the same problem. Neighbours are able to sign up to VM but apparently I can't.

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi Hwoods,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having and would like to take a look for you. Please keep a lookout for a private message from me.

Thank you

Jon

Hey hwoods,

Hope you are well.

If you don't mind, can you please provide an update on your situation regarding fibre. Have you been able to get fibre from virgin? 

I'm in a similar position.

Many thanks,

Hi, I'm having the same problem - next door has Virgin fibre but we don't, would it be possible for someone to DM me about this please?

Thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can be happy for a while. 

I was married to Virginmedia for many years.

First there was the honeymoon, then the falling out, then divorce. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @Tangle_Foot 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Lebz
Joining in

Hi, I'm having same issue, Two poles next to my property have working FTTP but I'm not able to order it.