cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to websites based in China

tombuilder
Joining in

I realised that I've lost access to a lot of websites based in China about 20 days before. I've called the technical support and they told me they don't have this issue on their side but I guess this would be a nation wide problem rather than only to myself. I don't have any restrictions in the virgin media settings. They wanted to send somebody over to check in my house but I thought this is ridiculous since I don't think this is a hardware issue at all. Here are examples of websites I cannot visit. Please help. Many thanks.

.pku.edu.cn

.tsinghua.edu.cn

and all websites of chinese universities...

.sohu.com

17 REPLIES 17

Client62
Legend

The 3 links worked.

Below is a screen shot from the first link ...

Client62_0-1709578139554.png

tombuilder
Joining in

But none of them works for me...

Client62
Legend

Share screen shots of the error messages from the browser please.

In the VM online account we have "Child Safe"  Disabled.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

get tracetcp

tracetcp (simulatedsimian.github.io)

run cmd

tracetcp www.tsinghua.edu.cn:443

tracetcp www.sohu.com:443 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Client62
Legend

Do the 3 links work for you ?

tombuilder
Joining in

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 20.45.07.pngScreenshot 2024-03-04 at 20.48.53.png

tombuilder
Joining in

The symptom is once a web address is entered, there is no response for a long time and then a blank page or a partly loaded page as posted is shown.

You say this started about three weeks ago. What happened then in terms of your software (antivirus, firewall, default browser, browser apps) and hardware (do you use your own networking kit)? Please specify the software /hardware being used as per above. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

tombuilder
Joining in

I didn't do anything. All my computers and mobiles have the same problem, including Mac, PC, Android and Iphone.