cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues accessing AWS / Google services

Josh_1112
Joining in

For around a week now, especially today, i am having issues accessing AWS services as well as google ones. When i traceroute, the hops get stuck at bagu-core-2a-ae91-650.network.virginmedia.net . This is a really big issue for me as most of my work services are hosted on AWS or Google servers. Luckily i do have a hotspot but it seems this issue is Virgin related and not myself. 

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Josh_1112, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this, also a warm welcome to the community.

Is this work related website connecting to a VPN?

If so we do not block any VPN'S.

Can you give us some example of the websites / programmes which you are struggling to connect to?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

No this is without a VPN - this happens when connecting to services such as calendar.google.com as well as Okta and our companies Okta environment which is run on AWS - when i run traceroute it fails to get past bagu-core-2a-ae91-650.network.virginmedia.net .

The only working solution i have is to use my hotspot 

Thanks

Hello again.

When you are testing via hotspotting, can you please hover over the URL to see if the webpage is secure.

Also do you currently have oue Essential Security running? or any the security software that may be preventing access.

Gareth_L

Josh_1112
Joining in

Hi,

The webpages are secure - for example calendar.google.com

I have attached a screenshot of the traceroute where it gets stuck on a Virgin Media hop - outside of my network

I do not have essential security running

Josh_1112_0-1728555042409.png