cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet outages, packet loss, general lag for the past 6 months with terrible customer service

billx
Tuning in

To whom this may concern,

As the title suggests, I have been having random internet outages, packet loss and general lag for the past 6 months. Our internet is consistently inconsistent, having minimum one to two internet dropouts a day.

We have had numerous technician visits to discover and fix the problem. The first two visits didn't resolve our problem, but then a visit in late June discovered that the internet cable from the cabinet outside to our house was damaged in some way or another. We were told that works for replacing this cable would happen within the next week, around June 3rd, but was then delayed to July 10th. July 10th came around and this work never happened. They delayed this date back to July 19th, and somebody showed up that day and said that they would be replacing the cable. Again, no work was done and the cable wasn't replaced. We were told that the date was delayed back to July 22nd. And again, the cable was still not replaced. The date was again delayed back to September 19th. I managed to complain online through the Virgin Media official twitter account and create a new appointment on September 3rd. Again, nothing happened. I confirmed with the Virgin Media twitter account that the original reschedule to September 19th was still happening. Again, nobody showed and the cable has still not been replaced.

We now have a new rescheduled date being October 8th, but we are so sick and tired of these lies. We are not ready to wait another 2 weeks for Virgin Media to do the same exact things. We have tried contacting Virgin Media through phone (which is a extremely difficult trying to contact someone real in the first place), emails, and online through twitter messages. We have had little to no help or resolvent at all from any of it, just broken promises.

It has been affecting my entire family - it has affected my final year of university (a computer science degree which heavily relied on the internet), it is affecting my job search and online projects, my online gaming, my fathers remote work from home, my mothers online lessons and classes, my brothers online courses and trading, my family's online entertainment. It is affecting everything. It cannot go on any longer. I can't even begin to describe how angry and frustrated we are. Why are Virgin Media refusing to replace our cable? Why are we not being updated on what is actually happening with the works? It's utterly unacceptable.

We are looking more towards complaining to an ombudsman or taking legal action now, but I wanted to give this a try as a last resort. I had originally forgotten about this official forum page and I'm frustrated I haven't used this sooner.

I have created a Broadband Quality Monitor from thinkbroadband.com and have monitored our service through there. I will attach some screenshots of the service that we have been receiving and broken promises from over the last few months.

We demand that this cable is replaced and our internet fixed. We also demand some compensation for the unreliable service and support. I hope this can post can get attention from more Virgin Media representatives so that this problem can finally get resolved.

01-08-2401-08-2409-09-2409-09-2412-08-2412-08-2414-09-2414-09-2421-08-2421-08-2421-09-2421-09-2424-06-2424-06-2424-07-2424-07-2425-06-2425-06-2430-08-2430-08-24July 22nd - Twitter MessageJuly 22nd - Twitter MessageSeptember 19th - Twitter MessageSeptember 19th - Twitter Message

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM Person will respond here soon and help you out.

Do you have any good alternative options to move to ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No good alternative options - I believe we're on 1000 Mbps, the next best thing is 24 Mbps. Virgin Media is the only service in the area.

Hi billx, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your services. We are the same team who answer interactions across the Community, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Trustpilot. 

As you've already confirmed you've been in touch with us via Twitter, and I can see from the conversations there from yesterday that this is ongoing, we'll leave this in the Twitter space to avoid different agents working on the same thing. This will ensure all the information is kept in one place and will also mean we're able to provide a better service. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The twitter space isn't resolving the issue that we've been having for 6 months. This doesn't help.