cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub connection

CJ38
On our wavelength

Is there a maximum length for the broadband cable that connects the hub to the box where it enters the house

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Simple answer no. Long answer is the total length of cable from the street box to hub has a limit, but I don’t know what it is. Unless you are a very long way from the street box the internal cable can be any length, but if it increases the technician may have to make adjustments at the street box to move you to another ‘tap’.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Simple answer no. Long answer is the total length of cable from the street box to hub has a limit, but I don’t know what it is. Unless you are a very long way from the street box the internal cable can be any length, but if it increases the technician may have to make adjustments at the street box to move you to another ‘tap’.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There's not a fixed defined length, it will depend on other factors including how far the house is from the street cabinet.  Making it much longer will certainly need adjustments inside the street cabinet. 

If you ask VM to send a technician they can advise and do the changes for the fixed £25 charge. It is isn't something you can do yourself. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

fibreking
On our wavelength

…and if its fibre rather than coax, as long as you like.

Client62
Legend

Even if it is coax another 10 to 20m may make little difference.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us on our Community Forums @CJ38, and welcome back.

I understand that since your post you have been able to speak to our team in relation to this matter.

Do please come back to us if you want or need anything further assistance on this subject.

All the best,

David_Bn