cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5x Modem Mode NOT coming at all

hafer
Joining in

I spoke that he Virgin Media Unity team over the last few days about an update on the availability of modem mode on the Hub 5x used in the Full fibre areas (XGS-PON) and they quiet blatantly said it would not be coming to this devices so if this is a deal breaker for you and you have other ISP options in your areas which are suitable for you then I would suggest you look at them.

I will be leaving at the soonest opportunity

10 REPLIES 10

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Guess I die happy with coax and hope VM don't install FFTP to me if I ever get a hub 5 non x 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I very much doubt it, I understand that it’s under test at present.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

We can only hope

---------------------------------------------------------------

Can this be confirmed?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

One thing I've learned about Virginmedia. Never believe anything they say. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Goffer
Joining in

Thanks for that info. I was waiting for modem mode on the hub 5x. Very disappointing.

BryMich
Joining in

It doesn't work.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your link wont work.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.