cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Let me try again.

Although I can get the Internet via WiFi and ethernet I cannot connect directly to the hub4 using 192.168.0.1.  Even the VM connect app cannot find the hub.

I have done 2 hard resets but that has not made any difference. It has been suggested that the hub is faulty so if that is the case can it be replaced.

Regards

Alan

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried to reset as below?  It is important not to reboot the Hub yourself, but let the Hub reboot of it's own accord and settle down.

60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

Are you connecting directly to the Hub with a cable from a laptop/PC?  Can you ping 192.168.0.1 when using a wired connection?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi

I have already done at least 2 pinhole resets but did not unplug any ethernet cables so will have to try it that way. I will have to try that first thing in the morning. I cannot connect directly to the hub using WiFi or laptop using cable.

Regards

Alan

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, remove the cables to stop the Hub having to do any "router" work whilst resetting everything.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi

I removed the cables but has made no difference. Still cannot access the hub & VM connect also cannot find it.

Maybe the nice people at Virgin can sort it.

Regards

Alan

Can you try 192.168.100.1?

It shouldn't work.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

using HomePlug - Network Via Mains

---------------------------------------------------------------

It didn't. 

Wilfred1
On our wavelength

I have the same problem, nothing suggested helps. I usually leave it and one day it miraculously works. The app always seems to be faulty.

B in the

Grumps70
On our wavelength

I don't think it is the app as I cannot connect directly to the hub using 192.168.0.1 either by WiFi or ethernet cable. I think the hub has a fault that stops it being seen by the app. Just wish VM would get on top of this and sort it. I will be having a good think about this during the next month as my contract is due for renewal in March.