cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - Red Light - can't resolve by Contacting Virgin

praeter
Tuning in

Tried to call Virgin this morning but no options to actually speak to anyone with this query. Also the Web Chat is not working, so pretty disappointing to start with!

The issue I have is a Hub 3 with a solid red light. It's not a heat problem as the hub is warm but not over-heating. Also tried turning it off for a while to cool down and still had the red light showing. I assume that it's a different fault with the Hub. Broadband and Wifi is working OK but I think I need a new Hub. How do I resolve this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Swapped for a new one - all working fine now - thank you!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

It can be the LED is fading or it can an over temperature fault.

To check login in to the Hub 3 menu at http://192.168.0.1/   use the numeric HUB PASSWORD from the bottom side label.   ( this is not the Wi-Fi password )

Run the Network diagnostic tool

Scroll down through the results and find the Temperature entry.   Is it normal ? 

praeter
Tuning in

Thank you both - neither works unfortunately. Still the same after reset and the Network Diagnostic tool just fails each time!

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi praeter,

Thanks for posting and sorry to see there's an issue with the hub.

This will need a technician visit, so I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message praeter 🙂

Glad I was able to help, please pop back and let us know how the technician visit goes.

Alex_Rm

Client62
Legend

Using Firefox, the Hub 3 Network Diagnostic tool always fails for me.

Using Edge or Chrome, the Hub 3 Network Diagnostic tool works perfectly every time.

Swapped for a new one - all working fine now - thank you!