cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade from a Virgin Media Hub 3.0

pondhopper
Tuning in

Before anyone tells me to run tests etc. I've done them all and I stll get issues with the signal from my 3.0 Hub

Also I've done some searching online, and it appears that to get an upgrade from a 3.0 Hub then the only way I can get one is to upgrade my package, or at least it seems to be that way.

To me this is so wrong. They're basically saying that you are stuck with what you have unless I upgrade.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals/hub

(Edit:

(This message popped up when attempting to post this message.
Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.
It's your from your own site - Invalid HTML? pfft)

Can I upgrade the Hub?

If you currently have a Hub 3 or older model (including the Superhub 1A, 2A etc.) you’re eligible for a Hub upgrade if you order or upgrade to one of our Gig1 Fibre broadband packages.

That is so wrong! I simply want a hub that works, and doesn't keep failing with a signal that keeps dropping out, but the only way to get a new hub is to get an package upgrade.

I downgraded last summer, because most of programmes etc are available on a new smart TV I bought last June. That smart TV that gives me everything, and more, via the apps it has built in, along with Freeview and Freesat to boot!
The programmes on those apps work out to be way cheaper that having a Virgin Media package/bundle. Hence the need to downgrade to save myself at least £50-60 pm!

All I have from Virgin Media is a broadband bundle.
I have no wish to upgrade but I do think that at least Virgin Media should supply me with a working router, and preferrably one that is fit for purpose

So if any Virgin bod on here can explain how I can get a new hub, and not get charged for it, please get in touch
I've had my hub from at least 2017, if I recall correctly, as it was well before the pandemic - that hit at the end of 2018!
I've only been getting issues ever since I downgraded
Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not?

Thanks in advance for any useful help you can provide

7 REPLIES 7

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

It might be nothing to do with the hub but rather the signal to it. 

As you have run all the tests already please post all of the hub stats that you have after doing these. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Client62
Legend

Customer want a replacement Hub, no reasons given, no problems mentioned.

Bonne chance mon ami !

Learn to read!

From my post

I simply want a hub that works, and doesn't keep failing with a signal that keeps dropping out, but the only way to get a new hub is to get an package upgrade.

Do you work for Virgin? 
I want a response from someone who works for them.

There's a clue to that in my autosignature. This is a community forum mostly populated by fellow customers. The VM forum team might get to your post in a day or two. If you can't wait that long and only want staff support then call 0345 454 1111. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Client62
Legend

Customer Support are on 150 or 0345 454 1111 from a non-VM phone.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It will take 2 or 3 days to get a response from VM. People on the board are here to try and help you. Simply saying "I want an upgrade from a hub3" will get you nowhere. If you have a fault you should report it to customer services, this board is not a fault reporting system nor a direct way into VM.  VM supply you with a hub that is adequate for the speed of the package that you are paying for. If the hub is faulty VM will replace it free of charge, but there is no way that you can request a "hub upgrade".

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2