cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a booster?

Mullen1960
Just joined
  • Hi, how do you order a WiFi booster? It says to do it by the connect app, but that just sends you round in circles. 
72 REPLIES 72

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Iva1811, thanks for reaching our on our help forums and this thread.

Welcome to our community too.

We'd love to assist, sorry to hear you have been unable to get a Wi Fi pod although Wi Fi Max is included in your package.

Can you please advise on how you've tried to place an order for your pod and what has gone wrong and you did not get one? 

Also, can you confirm if you're using our Connect App and if so, have you tried to scan each room of the house for weak/blind spots and see if you can order your pod online from there?

Lastly, what speeds to yo receive over Wi Fi in the bedroom and do you have other spots that need signal boosting in the property?

Let us know of the above and we'll be eager to help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi! 

I'm a new customer and have had my Hub upgraded from a Hub 3 to a 5 this week and am now receiving 1gig fibre. Although this is a notable speed boost, I can't get full coverage across my home - notably on the fringes of the property where my smart devides are posted. I've used the connect app, and it has registered less that 20mb/s on a test near the garage, but the wifi is dropping out and the app says to try in 10 mins or to call someone if it persists. As a result, the app isn't recording the speed as it can't connect to the internet and perform the test linked tot he hub. My previous service with BT provded booster discs to solve this issue, so I know the pods will probably work.  I'm not sure if I qualify for the pods yet as part of my current package? Any help or guidance appreciated. 

Ben

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @benwalker 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear you're struggling to receive the speeds.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information so we can have these pods ordered for you. Keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming those details via Private Message @benwalker 

As advised the boosters have now been ordered, keep us updated when these arrive so we know this is now all sorted for you. Have a great day

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi, could you please help me through the process of ordering 2 wifi pods please. I am getting very slow wifi in my living room, and one of my bedrooms. I am on a Volt M250 package.

Hi @Shakeel 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

You can place an eligible order for your first mesh WiFi Pod on the Virgin Media Connect app, which can be accessed here.

Or, if we find there are no faults with your broadband service, but you’re still experiencing slow speeds, you can order a WiFi Pod online – just run a test on your services first here

More information on our WiFi Guarantee can be found here

Please be mindful that you can only order one Pod at a time and you have to allow five working days between receiving the first one and ordering the second.

If you're having any problems ordering through the app, please pop back to us.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel, I have tried that and and it is just taking me in circles. I tried through the app, it just said that i have good speeds, when in reality i am only getting 13mbps. So i tried the other way, and it said it couldn't do test it. Is there another way to order the wifi pods?

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Mullen1960.

Sorry to hear you are unable to order the pods via the App.

The other way to order them is right here.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your envelope at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Sorry Shakeel.

The above message was for you. For some reason your name was entered incorrectly.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your envelope at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

shibu_cni
Joining in

I am also trying to get a pod, The app recommended i get one but every time i try it tales me in circles. I have M120 wifi on the hub 3. The wifi speeds are driving me nuts as i cant even join a video call for work without lagging (sometimes getting less than 5mbps). I would really appreciate if one you could private message me and sort me out with a pod