cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a booster?

Mullen1960
Just joined
  • Hi, how do you order a WiFi booster? It says to do it by the connect app, but that just sends you round in circles. 
72 REPLIES 72

Hi koenfucius,

Please can you let me know if you have deleted the app and reinstalled it? 

Also is it giving you any errors when you are trying to log in, for example is it greyed out?

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for the reply, Matt.

I have not (yet) deleted and reinstalled. I am sitting right next to the hub right now, so let's see what works and what doesn't. When I tap on 'Broadband', I see the network with the hub and the single pod, but both show a 'warning' sign and when tapped, the message "Something went wrong" appears, but trying again produces the desired result. Inspecting the network works fine, all devices are shown.

Performing a scan in my office (where the hub is located, less than 1m from me also seems to get stuck on optimizing WiFi. Two minutes later, I quit the app. I download the update, restart the app and restart the scan, and that seems to have worked: I get a (obviously very good) result.

Went back up to the room in question, and first did a scan in the doorway (if I go too far into the room I lose the WiFi signal altogether). In the doorway, I got 15Mbps down, 8Mbps up. Strangely, this time I didn't even get the 'Optimizing WiFi' screen, it gave me the results at once. I then went halfway into the room, where the signal strength went down to one bar (well it's a dot really), and that gave 8Mbps down, 3Mbps up. The hub is performing well - 1141Mbps down, 53Mbps up.

So it is clear that in this room I don't have a sufficient quality WiFi signal. But now, I cannot seem to find the option to order a WiFi pod from within the connect app... 

Also is it giving you any errors when you are trying to log in, for example is it greyed out?

I do not have to log in to the app...

Thanks!

Koen

Thanks for coming back to us @koenfucius, and I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty you've faced trying to order a second Wi-Fi pod.

Have you attempted the removal and reinstalling of the application since your post, and has this since allowed you order a second Wi-Fi pod?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Ccremers
Joining in

Im also struggling to find where I can order a booster. The site is really frustrating and just loops around with FAQs. The WiFi doesn’t reach our home office so I need help with this.

This is how I eventually managed to order a second pod:

1. Sign in to your account
  2. Select View package
  3. Select your package (mine is Volt, which comes with up to 3 pods)
  4. Select Learn More which takes you to the process for ordering a(n extra) pod.

Hi,

I’ve been trying to order a Virgin Media wifi booster on the Virgin Connect app and within my account, but just keep being sent round in circles.  My son has poor wifi in his bedroom and is unable to connect to our wifi network with his PS5, mobile phone and laptop.

Could you send me a link please to let me know how to order my first wifi pod/booster please ?

Many Thanks

Y7910574
Joining in

Hi,

You can order pods through the virgin media connect app which you can find on the Google play store or apple store. Once downloaded logon with your registered email, follow instructions and locate blackspots in your home. The connect app will then allow you to order them. They are free if you are on 1gig or any volt package

Hello gordonhill

Thanks for posting on the forums in regards to your wireless network issues and ordering a Pod, we appreciate you raising this via the community. We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

When running a speed test we would always recommend running this via a wired connection This can be completed using an ethernet cable via a PC or laptop and will allow us to see the speeds available at the Hub.

We do have the Connect App as mentioned by Y7910574 that will allow you to scan your property to optimise the wireless network and if needed order pod's. Depending on your package these may be free but any package is eligible for these if needed.

You can also give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 2 this will get you through to the Broadband technical team who will be able to look into this further for you. 

Rob

Hi @Ashleigh_C would it be possible to help me also. I require a booster for our wifi router but am having trouble ordering one and being this time of year the phones are very difficult to get through on. Would appreciate some assistance/advice.

Best

Jeff

Hi BigBean

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

What issues are you having ordering a Pod please?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill