cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a booster?

Mullen1960
Just joined
  • Hi, how do you order a WiFi booster? It says to do it by the connect app, but that just sends you round in circles. 
72 REPLIES 72

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PaulT501

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the connection issues you're experiencing.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and get this sorted, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thomasshannon94
Joining in

Hi, 

I am a Virgin Media Volt customer and also want to order a booster. 

I have the connect app however it also is unable to find my network (despite being connected to it) 

Can you help? 

Thanks, 

Thomas

Hi there @thomasshannon94, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have not been able to order this via the Connect App. Just to confirm, have you been able to try rebooting your hub then trying to connect again to see if this helps? This should also let you run a blackspot check in your property to see if WIFI pods are needed.

Please let us know how this goes, we can assist further if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi, I got my M200 Fibre broadband router installed few days ago and there is no coverage in all parts of my house. even though i have broadband speed boost through O2 supercharger but still the same. I’ve tried to order one of those Wifi Pods but I’m going in circles. How do I order one? Thanks

Hi @Nathan_B,

I have tried rebooting my router and also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the connect app and still no joy. The second the app opens it just says it can't detect my router and then when I follow all the steps the same thing happens immediately.

I know there are block spots in my house as the wifi does not reach outside of my living room and I need to use a wifi mesh network at present (which only gives me about 20% of my normal broadband speed). Are you able to help with getting boosters please? From the other comments in this forum, even with the Connect App it seems to take you in circles to get boosters so not sure having that working would help much anyway.

Thanks,
Thomas

Thank you for the update @thomasshannon94,

Sorry to hear this has been an ongoing issue. I have been able to take a look back end and I can see there may be an issue with your hub power level. I can also help in regards to order for wifi pods or alternatively, you can order one here https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/intelligent-wifi. I have sent you a private message. Please look out for a purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

HI had virgin media installed on Saturday. As my house is stone there is no wifi signal in any room apart of the one the hub is installed in.

The engineer said I needed to order three wifi pods to enable coverage in the rest of the house.

I have spent house on the phone getting nowhere to order the pods.

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

uphill_downhill
Joining in

Hello I'm looking to get some help ordering a booster as well can anyone help. 

Thanks 

Hey uphill_downhill, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry you are struggling with your signal and you need a pod.

The best way to get a pod order is download the Virgin Connect app, from here do a scan.

If the scan picks up that you need a pod it will allow you to order some.

However they can be chargeable depending what package you on.

They are free on Volt, 1GB or Oomph bundles. 

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

koenfucius
Tuning in

(I'll just tag my question to this older post, as I notice others have done so with success :-))

I've had an upgrade to Volt for a few weeks now, and it seems that one WiFi pod is not enough to reach the furthest parts of my mansion. Not that it is so big, but the modem is right at the front of the house, and the kitchen and the bedroom above it, at the very back barely get a signal. In fact, yesterday trying to establish the signal strength with the Connect app, it was lost completely and I found myself on 3G. Now I do have a signal, but the app hangs on "optimising your Wifi". On earlier occasions, I got 4Mbps download (10Mbps up) without the first Wifi Pod, and 11Mbps download (8Mbps up) after I installed a first Wifi pod. Even streaming audio drops out regularly in that part of the house, and Facetime or Skype are completely out of the question,

However, since I cannot get the app to get past the "optimising wifi", I am unable to request a WiFi pod through the app, so I am trying it this way - could I have a second WiFi pod, please?

Thanks!