cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS

Harsha90
Tuning in

IMG_2225.jpegcan anyone help with this? This happens on my two tvs upstairs. Even though we have 1 booster on the landing. Certain programmes like BBC iPlayer ITX or Netflix don’t work. Any help would be great. I have issues with my SKY too and I think it maybe the DNA 

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

If this is a DNS content filtering issue, and not just TVs located where there is a very poor Wi-Fi signal ... 

Login to your Virgin Media online account and make sure "Child Safe" is Disabled.

The other option is to set each TV or Sky box to use a public DNS, like Google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Harsha90 

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Please do try what has been suggested on this thread and if you need any further support, let us know 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I have tried this and still doesn’t work it works for a short time and the DNA automatically changes back.

we’ver never had issues with our Internet before and since changing to virgin we’ve had numerous issues and it’s now becoming very frustrating 

Client62
Legend

If a Public DNS is a fix,  "Child Safe" is active on your Virgin Media account. Get that sorted ASAP.

I will do! Can I ask why the child safety needs to be disabled? Does this cause connection issues.

TIA

Client62
Legend

"Child Safe" is an 18+ Content filter implemented on the VM DNS. 

To prevent access to 18+ Content, "Child Safe" aims to block access to most VPN / Social Media & Messengers / Conf Calls & Web Calling but also to TV Streaming services / computer games etc etc ...

Thank you! Trying it again let’s hope it works