cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app can’t find my Hub4

Gazlovelace
Joining in

On the connect app try searching my Wi-Fi and it can’t find my hub I’ve repeated the steps so many times nothing works

14 REPLIES 14

Michaelfox
Just joined
  • I'm having the same issue for the past month

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gazlovelace

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App recognising your hub. 
The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 
For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 
If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 
Pop back and keep us posted. 
Kind regards Jodi, 

Last time I used the app about a month ago it was fine. Stopped being able to find my hub 4 today and cache clearing etc made no difference. No VPN or mobile data in play.

Hi caverncaperer,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your connect app. 

Have you been able to try the suggestions in my colleagues post?

^Martin

This happens to me can’t get it to connect at all tried all the fixes from the community hub but nothing works….Really annoying.  I get frustrated with so many phone calls  selling me offers to upgrade my bandwidth but the bandwidth ain’t the problem it’s the Tech that won’t connect   

Client62
Legend

The VM Connect app was so flaky we dumped it.

Manage the Hub via the menu at : http://192.168.0.1/   

If you can not reach this link disable your VPN / Relay / Android DNS Changer

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kaye_hugs1 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with the connect app.

May I ask what it was in particular you were looking to do with the connect app? Have you also been able to access the above link Client62 has attached in the mean time to manage the hub? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have followed all instructions and nothing.  I’ve reset the hub3 I have deleted and reinstalled the vm connect app.   Nothing works. Which is frustrating as I had everything connected and then gone and can’t get the connection back.

virgin of course blame the user and I blame the tech.    Because why would it work and then not????

kaye_hugs1
Tuning in

I’ve deleted the app.  What’s the point in having it installed taking up space in my phone if it dosent do what it says.  VMCONNECT