cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't order a second wifi pod

GaffaRaffa
Joining in

Please help before I scream!

Going round in circles on the app and website and have been cut off by an automated phone system.

I have one pod already and it helped my wifi speed, but it's still patchy in places. Can't seem to access any chat function to order a second. I supposedly have a wifi Max guarantee, but can't order a second pod.

I keep getting sent round in circles of being asked to sign and visit a specific page over and over again on the web and app! Are Virgin deliberately making this as difficult as possible, in the hope I'll give? If so it worked!

I have confirmed the speed as just 15mbs using the Virgin Connect app. I have hub speed of 500mbs so that looks fine. Can someone at Virgin help please?

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GaffaRaffa 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of any WiFi issues. 

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

Please ensure the existing Pod you have is not placed directly into an area where you are having service issues. It needs to be in the middle of the property, kind of like a middle point between the router and the service issue area. As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.

I can see from checking the system that you have been sent a 2nd Pod, again please follow the above and it should fix the issues :).

Keep us posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill