cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street.

mrmond
Joining in

Hello, I live on a housing development that was built in 2015.

There are 47 properties here, the surrounding area is all provided with Virgin media.

PL2 2EZ) & one side of Jedburgh Crescent (PL2 2FA)

The other side of Jedburgh Crescent (PL2 2NY) have all had Virgin before the new properties were built but the majority of the new properties (PL2 2EZ)   it's not available. At the time in 2015 when we moved in, we were told Virign were just waiting to guage interest. How do we know what the interest threshhold is before cable is put in?

It seems bizarre that so many people have Virgin all around us (the entire estate of 47 houses is in a loop of the road that already has Virgin) soo there's plenty of people who want it.

Is there any possibily of a spotter being sent out to check the area or anyone to poll & check interest? I know people have registered interest since 2015 and still, somewhat patiently waiting.

Everyone here is stuck at the mercy of Openreach and the mercy of other ISP's that use them with speeds between 20-40 mbps when we can see Virgin wifi routers all around us.

We woud love to have Virgin available. So near, yet so far!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @mrmond 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that we are not yet available in your area and thank you again for posting. 

I would be happy to pop you a private message so we can grab some information and take a closer look into this with you, we will get a form raised to have a member of the team reach out. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @mrmond 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that we are not yet available in your area and thank you again for posting. 

I would be happy to pop you a private message so we can grab some information and take a closer look into this with you, we will get a form raised to have a member of the team reach out. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.