cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Coax Cable

Rbrock002
Joining in

All I need is a new cable to my router, I find myself jumping through hoops to get to where I need. The cable near my router is damaged and hanging by a thread.

There is no option for replacement hardware on the app so you have to go through endless options about how to connect the router up, drives me mad.

Mine has an adaptor on the end which pushes together and locks its not screw in so I can't seem to unconnect it without damaging it.

It's not something screwfix sells otherwise I would just pay for it.

I dont need a engineer to plug it in for me just the cable, from the router to the wall. 

20230915_103503.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the cable is damaged call it in as a fault on 150 (VM line)  or 0345 454 1111 others (national rate) and ask for a Tech visit to repair/tidy up your cabling.

There will be a £25 charge for that including rebalancing the power levels etc

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Try phoning it in and take the 'faults' route. I have read on here in the past that if you select no further options you will be connected to an agent. Whether or not you can get them to understand what you want and send the right part is another matter.

One of the VM forum team will reply here at some point though their reply times seem slow at the moment.

In your photo the lead with the red label on is push fit (via the adapter piece) to the cable from the wall. The cable from the wall will be screw fit so you could maybe unscrew at that point.

Your wall box is old and from the days of Telewest. Ideally you should have a proper up-to-date wall box fitted with a proper socket to connect to.

If your connection is faulty because of the old wall box and/or the connecting lead then IMO that is a fault which should be fixed FOC by VM.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Brock002, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look at getting this fixed for you, please do look out for my PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?