cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down for 24 hours

ChillyGarlic
Joining in

Hi, 

In the night between Tuesday and Wednesday my WiFi must have stopped working and has not been working since. The light is flashing green on my box. I have tried to turn it off and on, tightening up the cables to the wall and the box. But nothing as worked. On top of that the Virgin broadband test is not working no matter how many times I try.

Is anybody able to give me more information? Is the outage due to Virgin it self or is my box broken which seem unlikely because I’ve only had it for a year 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this

_________

First thing is to check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

ChillyGarlic
Joining in

Hi again, 

Broadband still not working it has now been 48 hours. I pressed reset on my box it didn’t work. Removed all devices connected to it as well and result was the same. 
I tried to do a scan but after scanning for a short while it says sorry we can’t run a test at the moment pls try again later.

Anybody has any insights on how I could fix this problem ? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is being reported on the 0800 number?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, 

Despite putting my correct account number and area code it doesn’t recognise it. 

Thanks for reaching out to us @ChillyGarlic, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing on the broadband connection.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll take a closer look into this one for you

Thanks,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @ChillyGarlic, I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you. 

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Furthermore, I'd need to advise that;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn