cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Echo

sammym871
Tuning in

I have various echo devices but only 1 refuses to connect to the WiFi. I have followed all amazon trouble shooting. I can connect via my mobile hot-spot but as soon as I return to virgin WiFi it disconnects again.

I see from the forum this was a common problem back in 2022 but I can't see a fix for this. Can someone help me please? 

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You have too many echo devices for the hub to support you can get your own router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

It has worked previously and I haven't changed the number of devices I have so I don't understand why this would be a problem now. 

@legacy1 wrote:

You have too many echo devices for the hub to support you can get your own router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode

Legacy, honestly I’m curious as to how you know that? Have you been round to sammym871’s house and counted how many devices they have? Have you done any, any sort of logical thinking about the problem, or have you simply crashed in with your knee-jerk ‘get you own router with 1Gb ports’ - incidentally it should be 1Gb/s ports, but still - response to every single issue that people post on here!

Maybe it would be better to actually gather some information, what device (age, etc) no longer connects? Has the OP upgraded and received a new hub, what else might have changed in the meantime?

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey sammym871,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry for the late reply to your post and to hear of the issues that you’re having with your Alexa device connecting to your network. Have you been able to get this issue resolved?

If not, have you tried to reboot your hub and the Alexa device?

Are the settings for the device that cannot connect, different to one of the devices that can connect? 

Have you blocked the device from using your network via the Connect App?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for your reply. I've restarted the router and alexa device numerous times. I still can't get it to connect to my virgin WiFi.

The settings are the same as other alexa devices although it is a different model. It has previously worked and then it just stopped connecting.

I'm not aware of blocking any devices either. 

Hello sammym87.

Thanks for replying, Sorry the Alexa device is still not working on our WiFi.

I'd like to take a look into this for you in a bit more depth.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L