cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4ghz not showing up

Ktyjay88
Joining in

Hi, I was having problems with the wifi and did the troubleshooting which guided me to a factory reset. Now only the 5ghz is showing up and all the smart bulbs, washing machine and things have been disconnected. They all require the 2.4ghz but it's disappeared. I can't find the big on the VM connect app to merge the two frequencies either. Cam anyone help? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ktyjay88 thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear the concerns you've raised.

As @Client62 has mentioned, the normal way for our frequencies to be are together so this is why you don't see either a 2.4ghz or 5ghz (as they become one).

The way to separate the two if required (although we wouldn't usually advise this), is in your Hub's settings is to change the 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequencies to different names (for example put 2.4 on one and 5 on the other), to differentiate them.

Once you save your changes, this should show the two separate frequencies.

I hope this helps!
Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

If you have used the RESET button the 2.4Ghz and 5GHz should hare reverted to a shared SSID/Password.

If this is not what you require, login in to the hub at http://192.168.0.1/  
Disable Smart Wi-Fi, and then you can split the SSIDs into the required configuration.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ktyjay88 thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear the concerns you've raised.

As @Client62 has mentioned, the normal way for our frequencies to be are together so this is why you don't see either a 2.4ghz or 5ghz (as they become one).

The way to separate the two if required (although we wouldn't usually advise this), is in your Hub's settings is to change the 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequencies to different names (for example put 2.4 on one and 5 on the other), to differentiate them.

Once you save your changes, this should show the two separate frequencies.

I hope this helps!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Ktyjay88
Joining in

Thank you I will give it a try today. In my wifi settings on my phone it's only showing 5gz whereas before it was showing both 2.4 and 5. It's just for the smart home things like bulbs etc, since the factory reset none of them can find the WiFi. I'll give the suggestion a go and see how it goes. 

Client62
Legend

Modify the 2.4GHz  band set its SSID  and Password to the values expected by the IoTs and they will all re-connect.

Hi Ktyjay88 👋 thanks for getting back to us with this extra info! 

Let us know how you got on with splitting the networks, and we can offer further support if needed. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly