cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media app connects to wrong account

BantamMenace
Joining in

Hi all,

I have seen folks have similar issues. When I try to log in to My Virgin Media account on the App it logs me in to an old account that was cancelled, and not my new account. I have both the old and new account numbers but cannot find a way to change which account number it logs in to. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BantamMenace 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about the issues with your My Virgin Media account login. It may just be that we need to get the email address transferred across to your new current account. 

We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you.

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BantamMenace 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about the issues with your My Virgin Media account login. It may just be that we need to get the email address transferred across to your new current account. 

We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you.

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Old account number is showing whenever I log in to the app. Please help!

Thanks

Hey d_cornell, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please remember you need to be an active customer to use the Connect App, also if you've moved your account up for example to a new address you must re register under your new details.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply.

I have rejoined VM so I am an active customer, but when I log in using my email all I can see is an old account which was cancelled. 

Okay you would need to set a new account up with your new details.

If you wanted to use the same email we would need to raise an IT ticket for you.

If you wanted to use a new email you can set this up right away, do let us know what you would like to do.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

I would like to keep the same email address please. If you could raise an IT ticket please that would be great.

thanks 

No problem at all, I will send you a DM now to get this raised.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi. Any chances you could do that for me too? I just moved from network trial to standard contract but my account just shows as inactive now. Thanks

Hey ThiN78, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

What do you mean from trial to standard?

If you have an active account under trail this should still work you shouldn't need to make a new one.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?