cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant register for new media account

Radovan
Joining in

Hi

I'm a new customer and am experiencing the same problems frequently posted on this forum registering my new media account.  My equipment has arrived/been installed and the broadband and TV are working fine.  Please can you assist.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Radovan

Sorry to hear of the issue setting up your online account, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Can you elaborate on what happens when you try to set the account up? Do you get any error messages during the process?

Rob

Hi Rob

I downloaded the Virgin Media App as per email instructions.  Went to register my details, inputted email address used to make original order then, surname, account number area reference number.  Error message reads "We cant find an account with the details you've provided, Please contact us to register"  

I clicked on "contact us" which gave the contact number 0345 454 1111 which I called but no option for me to get through to an operator without first setting up a memorable word which, I haven't done yet.

Have the services and equipment been received and installed yet Radovan? It can take a few days for all of the details to update and allow registration.

Rob

Radovan
Joining in

Come on Rob, read the posts, my first message confirmed that equipment arrived and installed and is working fine.

Okay, when was it installed and activated Radovan? As the remainder of my post is still true that it can take a a few days for the details to update and allow you to register. If it has been longer than this let us know and we can send you a Private Message to look into this further.

Rob

Saturday 23/03/2024 08:00 hours

Hi @Radovan,

Thanks for confirming. Can you also try doing this via a browser instead of the app? If the issue remains, please confirm the error message that appears.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Radovan
Joining in

Hi

Yes, no good in the browser either.  Displayed error: "We can't find an account with the details you've provided. Please contact us to register."

Thanks for getting back to us @Radovan 

Sorry to hear your My Virgin Media account registration issue is ongoing. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  I would like to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R