cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register Virgin Media account

vmed1298
Joining in

When trying to register for My Virgin Media, I cannot get past the create a password stage. I get the error "Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one."

I have tried different browsers and deivces, and tried changing the email and password used to log in numerous time, but still can't register. Can someone please advise me on the next steps?

46 REPLIES 46

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @vmed1298 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you've not been able to set up your My Virgin Media online account.  

Please ensure that you have followed the full password criteria which can be found below;

• Be between 8-64 characters.
  • Must start with a letter.
  • Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.
  • Contain at least one number.
  • Special characters are allowed but not required (e.g. ! # % & @).
  • Cannot contain easy to guess words, usernames, or previously used passwords.

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

As stated, I've tried a number of different passwords, all meeting the current criteria, and some that met the old criteria too (as I read this may work). I've also tried a number of emails from multiple providers, and different browsers and devices.

I am still getting the same error of "Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one."

Thank you for confirming @vmed1298 and we are so sorry that this has not yet worked for you. 

I'm going to pop you a Private Message so we can take a look and try to resolve this. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hi,

I’m having the exact same issue, please could you help me resolve this?

Thanks,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @FDBTaylor and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear you've also been effected by this issue.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Farid1945
Joining in

I am facing the same problem a week ago. Please, did you receive a solution to overcome this problem and share it with me? I am tired of writing to them, the Virgin team.

Hello Farid1945

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced setting up your Virgin Media online account. We appreciate the concern caused and you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Can you confirm if the services have been installed? If not, we would recommend waiting till the services have been installed and activated and try again. It may be all of the data needed to complete the registration isn't available our side until after the install.

Rob

Hi there. 

i have the same issue...tryed several days on different devices and browsers and still the password can't be registered. Can you help me?

Hi @LiviuD 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you are having issues in signing up for a online Virgin Media account. We would need to bring you into a private message in order to look into this further. Please look out for a message in your envelope on the top right screen of your browser, if you are using a mobile device you will find it located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina