cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged after cancelling

Derek_I
Joining in

I have received my final bill which covers the period 12th November to 11th December.

My 30 day cancellation period ends on the 23rd November.

The full amount has been taken from my bank account and no allowance has been made for the days after the 23rd November.

Can someone explain why I have been overcharged?
Note I already have an ongoing complaint C-031123241 regarding my phone line.

Thanks
Derek ….>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Derek

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear there's been a misunderstanding surrounding your bills.

We do bill for services as normal right up until your disconnection date. This usually means that customers are charged for services for dates that surpass their disconnection date. Around 14 days after your disconnection, a final bill will be produced where we will credit back any payments owed to you. In your case, you'd see a credit back for services for the dates 23rd November - 11th December.

You can find out everything you need to know about how we bill during cancellations here.

I hope this helps - let us know if you have any more questions.

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Derek

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear there's been a misunderstanding surrounding your bills.

We do bill for services as normal right up until your disconnection date. This usually means that customers are charged for services for dates that surpass their disconnection date. Around 14 days after your disconnection, a final bill will be produced where we will credit back any payments owed to you. In your case, you'd see a credit back for services for the dates 23rd November - 11th December.

You can find out everything you need to know about how we bill during cancellations here.

I hope this helps - let us know if you have any more questions.

Beth

Hello Beth

Thanks for your reply. I thought the closing bill was the final bill. Having now paid my closing bill I will receive a final bill which should show the credit amount, makes sense.

Thanks

Derek...>>

Unfortunately not sorry we do continue to bill right up until the disconnection date.

Once this has been paid as colleague has mentioned any refunds do get sent back out. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?