cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identity fraud

melox2
Joining in

I was recently a victim of identity fraud (in February ) including 2 mobile contracts, ive tried to resolve this issue by contacting virgin but seem to be going around in circles 

I'm unable to take it further as i didnt take out the accounts so although its my name and address the i dont know the security questions 

I'd be grateful if someone can contact me regarding this as on my Equifax credit report i can see the phone loans taken out and they have obviously defaulted on the first payments , i have taken this up with Equifax and they gave me a email address to contact virgin fraud but it keeps bouncing back   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @melox2,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to you! We can understand how frustrating and scary this can be! 

Apologies that you've not had much luck having this resolved! This is not the service we aim to provide. We'll do all we can to assist you in this situation. 

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details and see what we can do to assist you further. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Please be aware that we may be limited on what we can discuss, but we'll ensure that your issue is raised to the right team.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Dinger
Dialled in

Report it to Action Fraud which deals with this sort of thing.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @melox2,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to you! We can understand how frustrating and scary this can be! 

Apologies that you've not had much luck having this resolved! This is not the service we aim to provide. We'll do all we can to assist you in this situation. 

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details and see what we can do to assist you further. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Please be aware that we may be limited on what we can discuss, but we'll ensure that your issue is raised to the right team.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

i have reported it to action fraud  and opened a case and there reply was it wont be logged as a criminal offence but thankyou for letting them know ?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @melox2,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Messages! We completely understand your frustration and worry over this situation. 

The information you provided was passed onto the dedicated team and they'll be investigating further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi, I am having a similar issue, it looks as though my identity has been used to take out a contract of some sort and I am receiving letters asking for payment.

I am not prepared to call the number on the letters as I can't verify if it is legitimate or not. I spoke to someone at virgin who said they opened a case and I would hear from the fraud team, I have not heard in a week but received another letter today, I called again and the best I was offered was to open (another case).

Can someone from Virgin confirm whether 0345 234 0753 is a legitimate virgin number and is this the best number to call in this case, alternatively can someone provide details to allow me to contact the fraud team directly? I have a reference number for the case already

When I ask what number the fraud team will call me on I cannot get an answer, the problem I have is I'm not going to answer an unknown number given the nature of wat is going on and so I'm stuck in a loop.

Hi @BGD5000 👋.

Thanks for you post. Apologies you a have been having these issues. The letters that you are in receipt of are from the Virgin Mobile finance department, the number is confirmed. If you still suspect that this is not a genuine purchase that you have made, we would advise you to contact our fraud department:

👉 Stolen Identity.

👉 Fraud

Hope this helps. 

Sabrina

Hi! Can anyone confirm that this phone number works 0345 2340753? I'm following instructions on how to make repayments but this number doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone contact me so I can complete the payment?

Thanks for reaching out to us @alinamallindine, and a very warm welcome to you.

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with this phone number.

Can you please confirm what it is you're attempting to do when calling this phone number?

Thanks,

David_Bn

I'm trying to follow the instructions as below to make my outstanding payment:

We have terminated your Credit Agreement
There are still some repayments you need to make. To pay the outstanding amount, please call our team by dialling 0345 2340753 from any phone*