cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I cancel?

SteveyJ
Joining in

Searched but couldn't see an answer.

My contract ends on the 3rd November so can I give my 30 days notice from 3rd November or from the 4th October so finish on the 3rd?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should be able to give 30 days notice on 4 October to finish on 3 November.

Keep in mind though that VM's billing processes carry on, as normal, right up until your day of disconnection. Depending on when your billing periods and direct debit date are, you may end up with either a credit or debit on the account. Once disconnected, VM should provide you with a final bill a few days after disconnection.

You should be able to actually give up to 60 days notice (base on similar past topics) to end on 3 November but VM's mangled processes, and poor customer service, often mean that disconnections can not happen as planned. We see regular topics on here recently about customers getting cut off immediately after giving notice so be very clear that you want your services to end on 3 Nov as your disconnection date.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SteveyJ, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us. Is there anything we can do to help change your mind?

In terms of cancelling, there is a minimum of 30 days notice required so if you're wanting your services to disconnect on your minimum term end date, this would need to be given by the 4th October. We can however take the notice a maximum of 60 days in advance so you can do this at anytime after the 4th September. If you do this, please ensure you confirm with the agent that you want the services to end on the 3rd November though. 

There are 3 ways in which you can give your notice to leave too. These are: 

• ➡ 1) You can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and selecting options 1, 4 then 4 again.
  • ➡ 2) You can WhatsApp the team on 07803089684. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours however it does allow you to go about your day whilst waiting for a reply.
  • ➡ 3) You can write a letter stating that you wish to cancel your services. You will need to include your account number, your name and full address as well as contact details for you. Send your letter to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

Please let us know if you have any further queries or questions. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs